Music Educator Resources
REW Music Offers area Band & Orchestra Directors a multitude of resources and services at no charge. If you would like to set up a meeting time to see everything we have to offer please let us know!
Here is a sample of the materials and services available to you:
- RECRUITMENT POSTERS - 11x17 color posters designed to inspire students to join your program.
Click here to see a sample of one of our JOIN THE BAND posters.
Click here to see a sample of one of our JOIN THE ORCHESTRA posters.
- RECRUITING ASSISTANCE - We will send REW team members to your school to help assist you during your recruitment processes and events. Our team members are there to help you in whatever capacity you would like.
- VIDEOS - REW Music has produced several videos for you to use and distribute to help promote your program. We have created:
- Life Style Videos to show the fun, camaraderie, and excitement of being in Band or Orchestra
- Parody for each band and orchestra to help connect with the student
- Instrument Introductions to help you introduce the different instruments in a fun and memorable way.
- Custom Videos In addition to all of the videos we have available for you to use, we love to make custom videos for your school that will help you & your program. Contact us to find out more!
- FOLDERS - We are happy to supply you with plenty of folders to distribute to your students. We take pride in our folder design being simple, classy and not covered in advertising.
- MUSIC EDUCATION NEWSLETTER INSERT FOR YOUR SCHOOL - Each month send you an insert that you can ask your school secretary to include in the school e-news. We include an article & link about the importance of music education in regard to student/brain/growth/development. We also include a fun video clip to promote music enjoyment.
- EXPLORING INSTRUMENTS CAMPS - Each summer we host multiple session of our Exploring Instruments Camp. It is our goal to help you by giving in-coming band and orchestra students interactive time on each instrument. Students that participate in or Exploring Instrument Camp get a full hour on each instrument learning how to hold it and get a proper sound. At the end of each instrument session the students can all play a simple song. By the end of the week each student has had extensive time interacting with the instrument options allowing them to better select which instrument they want to play. We have found that students who participate in this program tend to have better success long term on the instruments they choose and tend to stay in band or orchestra longer.
- SUMMER CAMPS & CLASSES - In addition to our Exploring Instruments Camps in the summer we also offer a full ranges of summer camps and classes that are designed to support your program and keep the student playing through the summer months.
- PENCILS - We are happy to supply your classroom with a full stock of pencils for student use.
There are also a lot of Music Education Resources available online. Here are a few we find helpful!
- AUDACITY - Free software: recording, editing sounds, playing tests, etc.
- BANDDIRECTOR.COM - Articles by contributing authors
MUSIC EDUCATION ADVOCACY:
- INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION FOR MUSIC RESEARCH - The NAMM Foundation advances active participation in music making across the lifespan by supporting scientific research, philanthropic giving and public service programs. A supporting organization of NAMM, the NAMM Foundation is funded by NAMM Members through trade association activities and private donations.
- SUPPORTMUSIC.COM - The NAMM Foundation's SupportMusic Advocacy program empowers people in communities everywhere to be advocates for music and music education.
- SAVE THE MUSIC FOUNDATION - VH1’s Save The Music Foundation is a non-profit initiative with two primary missions: To restore music education programs in America’s public schools AND to raise awareness of the positive impact music participation has on students.
- MUSIC ACHIEVEMENT COUNCIL - The Music Achievement Council (MAC) is an action-oriented nonprofit organization sponsored by the National Association of School Music Dealers (NASMD) and NAMM, the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM). MAC is made up of three representatives from NASMD, three manufacturers and suppliers of Instrumental Music Products and one representative from NAMM. The group’s purpose is to enable more students to begin and stay in instrumental music programs, to share real-world, successful strategies developed by instrumental music teachers. The council was formed in 1983 and reorganized in 1990, forming a nonprofit 501(c)(6) organization.